The White House has put out a 102-page "fact sheet (PDF) that details the economic impact of the proposed stimulus package on every state. Here's New Jersey's share:
- Creating or saving 106,000 jobs over the next two years. Jobs will be created in a range of industries from clean energy to healthcare. Over 90% of jobs will be in the private sector.
- Providing a making work pay tax cut of up to $1,000 for 3,150,000 workers and their families.
- Making 77,000 families eligible for a new American Opportunity tax credit to improve the affordability of college.
- Offering an additional $100 per month in unemployment benefits to 731,000 workers in NJ who have lost their jobs in this recession, and providing extended unemployment benefits to an additional 148,000 laid off workers.
- Providing funding sufficient to modernize at least 205
schools in New Jersey so our children have the labs, classrooms and
libraries they need to compete in the 21st century economy.