Here is your round-up of links for this week:
- Unfulfilled Expectations: Recent College Graduates Struggle in a Difficult Economy-A new nationally representative survey of 571 graduates from four-year colleges and universities from the classes of 2006 through 2010 documents the difficulties young people encountered as they entered a volatile labor market that eventually plunged into a deep recession. While graduates are satisfied with their decision to complete a four-year degree, a large percentage reports they are struggling to find full-time, permanent jobs with benefits that will lead to fulfilling careers.
- 4 Easy Ways to Spring Clean Your LinkedIn Presence--Particularly good advice on the keywords to include in your profile.
- Building Trust Across Teams--Building trust WITHIN teams is hard enough. Here's advice on going across teams.
- 12 Step Program for Leaving a Good LAST Impression--Written for interns, but good for everyone.
- Jump Start Plus 50- A self-assessment tool that will assist community college professionals in planning and implementing a Plus 50 Initiative program, or in strengthening an already-existing Plus 50 program.
- Fighting the Knowledge Hiding Epidemic--an interesting article on how and why people hide knowledge and information in organizations and strategies for addressing the problem.
- 11 Proven Ways to Manage Prickly Behaviors--How to handle intereactions so that you don't create bigger problems.
- Job Search of the Future: 10 Trends to Watch--How new technologies and the next generation of workers are re-shaping job search.