It's the last Friday in September and time for this week's links:
- Tennessee Department of Labor on Facebook--The TN Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development is using their Facebook Fan page to announce upcoming events.
- Iowa Workforce Development Social Media--Iowa has all kinds of social media channels they are using, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Can Retraining Give the Unemployed a Second Chance?--Business Week says that the results are mixed.
- The Most Critical Hour of Your Day: How to Set Yourself Up for Success--Some good advice on how to start your mornings.
- The Case for Making Wages Public--The Atlantic argues that knowing how much other workers make would benefit workers and make the labor market more efficient.
- The New Facebook: How to Take Control of Your Privacy--Facebook made some BIG changes this week that could have big impacts on job seekers. This article provides a guide to managing privacy to minimize fallout.
- Old School: College's Most Important Trend is the Rise of the Adult Student--Just 15% of college students attend a 4-year institution and live on campus.
- Occupational Outlook Quarterly--This quarter's features include career paths in the gaming industry and human services and a new system for assigning education and training.
- White House Conference Calls on the American Jobs Act-- New Jersey's call will be at 4 p.m. on December 9. The call-in number is 800-239-1085.