Here’s your collection of links for this first Friday in October. Remember that this month is also Disability Employment Awareness month. . .
- House Releases FY 2012 Labor–HHS Draft–Last Thursday, the House appropriations committee released a draft bill providing Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 appropriations for the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education (Labor-HHS). The proposed bill would make devastating cuts to federal workforce and education programs—including more than $2 billion in cuts to programs under the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA).
- Life in the 21st Century Workforce–Results of University of Phoenix and US Chamber of Commerce studies of skills employers are looking for.
- Utah Job Training Services Report–Utah looks at the effectiveness of its workforce services and finds that degree programs, occupational skills training and paid internships are most effective.
- DOLETA/ETA Region 1 Sponsoring Youth Conference in November–The emphasis is on collaborative partnerships and work/learn opportunities for youth.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month Resources–from Disability.gov.
- 5 Ways to Show You Work Well With Others on Your Resume–some good advice on how to demonstrate your ability to play nicely in a variety of directions.