Here are your links for this last Friday in October--Happy Halloween!
- Hidden Jobs and Why Workforce Participants Can't Find Them--Edward DeJesus works with youth, but his comments apply to all job seekers.
- Why Companies Can't Find the Employees They Need--from the WSJ, this article says that business difficulties in finding employees is because they have unrealistic expectations about wages and qualifications and don't want to provide training as they've done in the past.
- The 9 Skills Needed to be a Super Connector--Developing collaborations is all about connections. Do you have these skills? Also useful for job seekers in a networking context.
- 106 Excuses That Prevent You From Ever Becoming Great--How many of these have you used?
- Get the Mentoring Equation Right--This is key to developing effective mentoring relationships.
- DOLETA/ETA Region 1 Sponsoring Youth Conference in November--The emphasis is on collaborative partnerships and work/learn opportunities for youth.