It's a rainy Friday, the last in January 2012. The video above is an example of how one PA One Stop (CareerLink) is using YouTube to provide an orientation to its services. And here are the rest of your links for the week:
- Social Media for One Stop Career Center Front-Line Staff--the newest Brief in a series on social media from the Heldrich Center at Rutgers University. There's also a 10-minute podcast to go with it.
- What Can Workforce Development Boards Do for Me?--The Employer Services Director at a Wisconsin WIB is writing a series for a local newspaper to "demystify WIBs." Might be something for NJ WIBs to try.
- Microenterprise for People with Disabilities--A microenterprise is a business that employs 5 or fewer people and requires $35,000 or less in start-up costs. This webinar explores why microenterprise is a trend that workforce professionals should leverage and the many different types of microenterprise available to people, with or without disabilities.
- How the US Lost Out on iPhone Work--from the NY Times, this piece explores the challenges of creating and maintaining US middle class jobs in a global economy.
- Thoughts on Workforce Development--from a CC administrator.