Here are your links for this 4th of July week:
- Digital Literacy.gov--Hundreds of free online resources that support basic digital literacy, such as how to use a computer, how to set up various social media accounts, etc.
- How LinkedIn Has Turned Your Resume Into a Cash Machine--Forbes cover story on the rise of LinkedIn and why you should be using it for networking and job search. Check out the associated article links too.
- Enter the Virtual Workforce: TaskRabbit and GigWalk--32% of all positions are now PT or contract work. These two sites can help entry-level workers hook up with these more mobile, project-based positions. Read this if only to understand the direction a lot of employers are moving in.
- 10 Jobs That Won't be Taken by Robots. . . Yet--Last week we shared a couple of articles on how technology is changing (and taking) jobs. This week, 10 jobs that are safe from robots. . . for now.
- Career Pathways as a Framework for Program Design and Evaluation--a working paper from Abt Associates, it includes key elements and descriptions of successful programs.
- Top 10 Guidelines for Social Media Background Checks--Info for employers and job seekers on how to use social media to conduct background checks.
- Microsoft 2010 How-To Skill Builder Series--Develop Microsoft Office skills for free with these videos.