Here are your links for this Friday morning:
- Attacking the Job Market Pro-Actively in Tough Times–Quintcareers asked experts to complete this sentence: "If you could offer one piece of advice for how workers and job-seekers can be proactive regarding their jobs and careers at this difficult time, it would be ________________________." This is the advice they compiled.
- The Myth of the Passive Job Seeker–A Careerbuilder report indicates that 74% of workers are either actively looking for a new job or are open to new opportunities.
- Job Search Preparation Checklist–20 questions job seekers need to be able to answer "yes" to.
- What Your Customers Wish You Knew About Them–This information applies to One-Stop Career Centers and WIBs too.
- America's Growing Retirement-Aged Workforce–Some interesting stats on older workers. NJ has the 3rd highest percentage of it's workforce over 65, with 5.6% of it's workers at 65+.