Here are your links for this first Friday in October:
- 5 Major LinkedIn Changes You Should Know About–One big change is the ability of your connections to rate your individual skills, further building on the recommendation idea.
- Social Recruiting in the US–Good breakdown of how employers in different regions and industries are using different social media channels for recruiting.
- How "Power Posing" Can Boost Your Confidence–Researchers have found that just two minutes a day of "power posing"–assuming the physical poses associated with power–can improve confidence and performance, especially in social stress situations like interviews.
- Resume and Cover Letter Tips for Articulating Your Awesomeness–Some good tips from HR folks.
- How to Work a Room--How super networkers get it done.
- Survey Says Half of All Employers Have Hired an Employee with a Record–A CareerBuilder survey indicates that 51% of HR managers report their company has hired an employee with a record. Respondents said that their best advice for job seekers with a record is to be up front about the conviction and stress what they learned from the experience.