As power returns to most locations and clean-up continues following Sandy, here are your links for this week:
- The Scariest Job Seeker Mistakes to Avoid–Good advice in a Halloween-themed infographic.
- 20 Ways to Stay Motivated During Your Job Search–Motivation is half the battle, especially if the job search starts to drag on. These tips may help.
- List of Top Recruiter Turn-Offs–Some of the main reasons job seekers aren't hired. Note that 40% of employers said they would "blacklist" (block) any applicants who applied for positions for which they were unqualified. That scatter-shot, apply for any job, approach may really backfire!
- 7 LinkedIn Tips for Career Changers–For those job seekers who are looking to change occupations and/or industries, these tips can help them use LinkedIn more effectively.
- 4 Tips for Introverts on Going to Networking Events–Networking can be particularly difficult for introverts. These tips can help them improve their skills.
- A Part Time Life, As Hours Shrink and Shift–The New York Times looks at how many jobs are now PT and the impact this has on job seekers trying to make a full-time living.