If you’re new to blogs, you may be wondering what exactly a blog IS. In its simplest form, a blog is an online journal with posts that are listed in chronological order, with the most recent posts (articles) first.
The GSETA Blog is a place for GSETA members and those with an interest in workforce development issues to share ideas, resources and opinions. We see this as an opportunity to engage in dialogue about the future of workforce development and to build everyone’s knowledge about the issues of work, education and readiness for employment.
1. We love comments on this blog – They are as important as anything we write because they add to the knowledge and community that we have here. If you want to comment then you’re more than welcome – whether you feel you are a beginner or an expert – feel free to have your say.
2. We delete comment spam – We have spam filters in place that automatically catch the majority of automated spam comments. If something slips through, we’ll delete it as soon as we see it.
3. Relevant links in comments are actively encouraged – if you’re leaving a comment and want to point to a link on your own or someone else’s site that is relevant to the topic then please feel free to do so. This adds to the conversation and improves the blog.
4. Irrelevant links are not encouraged – if you leave a comment with a link in it that has no relevance to the post you’re commenting on it could be be deleted. We encourage sharing of resources and information, but not links to things that are irrelevant.
5. We are all adults here–so let’s be sure that we act like adults. It goes without saying that we want civil discussion–no nasty comments or profanity, no cyberbullying. Everyone is welcome to their opinion–in fact we invite discussion and disagreement–but let’s maintain our professionalism in these discussions. If it looks like there’s a problem, then we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate comments.
To comment on a particular post:
- Scroll to the bottom of the post you want to comment on and click on the link to “comments.”
- Scroll to the bottom where it says “Post a comment.”
- Enter your name and email address. Don’t worry–no one will be able to see your email address.
- Write your comment in the box and then click on either “preview” (if you want to see your comment before it’s posted) or on “Post” if you want to post right away.
- Voila–your comment will appear, right beneath the article you’re commenting on.
If your comment does not appear right away, something happened in the commenting process. You can either re-enter your comment or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know what happened and we can take it from there.
Navigating through Our Blog
If you’re looking for posts on particular topics, there are two ways you can find articles.
- Use the Categories section in the right sidebar to find topic areas that seem interesting.
- Use the Search this Site box, also in the right sidebar, to enter a search term.